Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Special Siblings

Yesterday my family went to the store.  It was rather eventful and I was having a bit of a hard time with my sister.  We went out to the car to eat lunch and before we went back in we had a chance to start fresh: she said she would do her best to listen to me and be calm and I said that I would do my best to be patient and listen to her more.  We went back in and before long I found that we were laughing and smiling with each other.  I let her read the labels of fruits and veggies and find what she thought were the best ones. She listened to me in what I thought and we got along just grandly. I even pulled the end while she stood on the cart, I usually get frustrated when she does that, but because I was so happy and I was trying to be patient I was able to be the kind of big sister I've always hoped I could be.

Today when we got home from the dentist one of my brothers was helping me clean the kitchen and we were talking and we got to talking about "20, 000 Leagues Under The Sea" which got us into sunken ships.  So a few minutes later I was able to be sitting at the table with him studying the Titanic-drawing, reading, writing facts, using a measuring tape to see comparisons of our house and the the ship.  I am so glad that I was able to use that opportunity to be able to spend quality time with him.  (And I got a brush-up on my history!).

I love my siblings! I am so grateful to have some. They are so wonderful, and thoughtful of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment