Monday, June 9, 2014

Gifts Galore

Hi Everyone!  I'm Deepnita (Just in case you are wondering what in the world that name means, it means "Light and Happiness")! I am super excited to start this blog. Really. So, here is my first post:
As human beings we have so many gifts, opportunities and talents (even some that we ourselves do not even recognize)!  We have the power to BECOME. We have the power to help CHANGE ourselves and others.  We have the power to be HAPPY.  I heard a saying recently: "M. O. M. : Make Opportunities Matter" and it has stuck with me.  We have so many opportunities to become better people and make a difference for good. So...why don't we always take advantage of it?  (Among the common language of "Teens" now-a-days: "I'm too lazy." (groan)" I just don't want to." "I'll fail-epically!" "Who cares?" "But it takes so much effort!" "I've got so much to do." "I'm tired-more tired than I've ever been before.")  Okay, maybe we don't think that way, or, at least all the time.  I think the biggest reason is probably that we don't recognize that:
  • We have an opportunity
  • We have the power to make a difference in the situation
  • We have gifts, most of which are completely unique!
  • What gifts we have
  • We are being watched, listened to, etc. (i.e. by our peers, people we don't think are watching)
  • Everyone is important-just as important as ourselves
  • Who we really are
  • We have a goal in our existence (hopefully we have one...if not, better find it!), that everyone else has one and that our choices make a difference, they effect ourselves and everyone else
If we did recognize all those, whew! The world would be a completely different place, don't you think? 
So, I have made a goal to try to recognize those things in my own life.  This will hopefully reflect in my dress, language, thoughts, music and other media I put in/take out of my life, the way I treat myself, my family and others, and other aspects of my life. I believe that as I try to live with those "recognitions" in mind that I'll be able to have better self-esteem and happiness and a more fulfilled life.

No comments:

Post a Comment