Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dad

My Dad.  Is wonderful.  He really is.  He is my hero!  He has been through so much and stayed so happy through it all.  Yes, there are down days, but there is so much good that comes around, and so much happiness in my home because of my dad.  We don't always understand each other.  We don't always share each other's views. And sometimes we really get on each other's nerves. But, still, he's my hero! I remember him tipping me upside down, holding me and letting me "walk on the ceiling." When we'd play hide and seek he'd always have the best hiding places and put me on the top shelf in a closet, on the fridge, behind a curtain or some place totally ingenious.  He taught me how to ride a bike with just 2 wheels.  He helped me understand the violin, even though he doesn't play it.  He taught me how to play songs on the piano, put silly lyrics to tunes, and be a dictionary addict.  He was there when I got my Learners Permit-in fact, he's the one who started teaching me how to drive.  He's given me ideas for how to better my drawings and paintings, even though he thinks he can't draw, and even though I don't always think it will work.  But so much of the time, he's right.  My dad knows that God and Family are the 2 most important things in life and he does his best to uphold and protect them, and he does all he can to be able to spend the most quality time with us as much as possible.  He's made foods (that I LOVE) from his mission.  And talking about his mission, many times he thinks he's failed because only one person joined the church.  But, that makes me love him even more because I know he was faithful and did his very best and focused on "the one."  Who knows how many more lives he has touched for good?  My dad hasn't always been very "successful" in his "jobs" and many people think he's a failure as a man, husband, father and provider because of it. Many times he's been persecuted because he's followed the rules and done his best to do the very best he can. Many would say he should just go with the flow.  But my dad.  My dad.  My dad is brave.  My dad is obedient. My dad is kind.  My dad lives with INTEGRITY.  Yes, we have our problems.  My dad isn't "perfect." I'm not "perfect."  No one in this world is "perfect." But, my dad does his very best.  Elder Ballard has said "You cannot fail when you do your best on the Lord's errand."  I think this is a very true statement and my dad is living proof. To the world he may be a failure.  To the world he cpould be a weirdo. The world may never love my dad.  I may get frustrated with him, but deep inside, I LOVE MY DAD!  He's been there for so much of my life, not just for the big things, but for the little things, too.  He's my hero.  He's my dad. And I think, he's the best dad in the world.  He's the best dad I could ask for.

I LOVE YOU AND CARE ABOUT YOU SO MUCH, DAD! THANKS FOR BEING THE PERSON YOU ARE!

Love Your Daughter,
Deepnita

No comments:

Post a Comment