Thursday, June 12, 2014

Amazing Ancestors

Today I am at a Family History Center (AKA "Paradise!") and having a pretty good time. I am having a rough time finding out some info on a few people, but I am finding some. Family History is amazing.  I LOVE IT! I work on it A TON. I love getting to know my ancestors and find out all about the things they loved to do and what struggles or amazing moments they had.  We have so much in common!  For instance, one of my great grandfathers loved to read, design, build, whistle and draw and it wasn't until recently that I found all that out.  I have grown up just knowing that he was more or less a "war hero" but I have never known him personally at all.  One day I was able to speak with some family members who knew him, look at lots of old records and trinkets of his, and I actually began feeling like he was in the room.  He became a part of me (or visa versa) in a way that I have never really known before.  He became a person, with feelings, passions, a family, faith, fear, a smile: my grandpa, not just a name!

I am so grateful for family and for ancestors and all that I can learn from them, and for their protection of me. I really think that my ancestors are my guardian angels and I even think they help influence what I love to do. I mean, I love to draw! I love to whistle! I love to read! My grandpa could have been great friends if we had lived at the same time, but I also believe that now we are definitely friends in spirit. I can hardly wait to be able to meet him (and so many others) one day in a great big family reunion in Heaven! Wouldn't that just be amazing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment