Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Meet The Mormons

Hey! I'm back!

This week for mutual we had the privilege of going to the theater to watch "Meet the Mormons," which is a brand new movie made by the LDS church; mostly so people who aren't LDS (members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) can get to know us better, understand what we believe, and that we are people just like everyone else.


(PS Nepal is really pretty! I've never really taken time to look at it at all, but it is really pretty!
PS again-I loved all of them, but one of my favorite parts was the Candy Bomber (the older guy on the second line in the picture) and I am really excited to learn more about him!)


You can watch the trailer for the movie here:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JqPTEL13IY)


Learn more about the movie here: meetthemormons.com

I loved the movie! It was great! To me it is extra special. I was able to kind of get to know myself a little bit better, not just because the people in the movie are LDS like me, but because I was able to get a greater glimpse of what our Heavenly Father has given us:  The talents we have, the place and position we are born/put into, the people around us-none are merely coincidental, or because Heavenly Father loves one of us more or less than others.  He knows what we can handle and what we can give to each situation we are faced with, and what we can learn from them.  I was able to gain a stronger testimony of the reality and the love of our Heavenly Father and His great plan for us. We are just "normal" people with opportunities to do and be what we were born to do and be. It helped me see how much I have the power of really doing, the power to change and uplift.

I know that we each have so much to give, do, add to the world around us, so much good to bring forth. In Seminary this week we were talking about Doctrine and Covenants 6. The verses that stood out to me were 7-8:

"Seek not for riches but for wisdom, and behold, the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto you, and then shall you be made rich. Behold, he that hath eternal life is rich.

 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, even as you desire of me so it shall be unto you; and if you desire, you shall be the means of doing much good in this generation."

I just love those verses, especially verse 8.  I want to always have righteous desires and the strength to do what the Lord wants me to-ALWAYS-so that I may be known to Him as one who does/did much good.  I don't so much care if the world remembers me, but I would like to be known to my Heavenly Father that way; His Virtuous Daughter that He can rely on.

What do you want to be known for?

1 comment:

  1. I also love this movie!!! It is really touching and inspiring. Makes me realize the potential of each person and family, and how choices affect so many others, and it helps me remember how much each person is worth in God's eyes, how much he loves them and guides them! I have had many times that I have felt of His love and support!

    - M. M.

    ReplyDelete