Monday, June 16, 2014

Dinner

Okay, so while I was doing my last post, my dad came into the kitchen to make dinner and asked me to help. For a split second I almost just wanted to keep working on my blog, but decided that it would mean much more if I went to help-and cheerfully. And I am totally glad I did.  I got to talking with him about a bunch of stuff I was thinking of and had a good conversation with him about some things that matter in my life. I could feel that he cared about how I felt and why things were important to me.
(And on top of the great time I had, we had one of my favorite dinners-real mashed potatoes, gravy, chicken and veggies. Mmmmm.....My dad makes amazing food!)
He sure puts a lot of efforts into our family relationships, into his relationship with me. He strengthens me with his quality time and interest in what I think and feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment