Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Missed Opportunity

A couple of weeks ago at mutual I missed an opportunity to serve that I am always praying for, that I am always praying to be able to recognize and act on.  
There is a girl in another ward (or group of families/people in the church) who has a severe case of Arthritis and therefore doesn't run or do a lot of the things that the rest of us youth do.  She is really a sweet, beautiful, amazing person, one of those kinds of people that will forever be in your heart, you will probably always be friends with.  Anyway, we were having a big water activity and at one point as I was glancing around, I subconsciously saw her sitting there on a chair off to the side, smiling, but looking rather sad that she wasn't able to join us. As for me, I kept playing, not even really registering what I had seen.  And it wasn't until the next day that all of a sudden it hit me.  I felt SO bad. 

The Most Important Thing-Keep Trying
hmmm....Good to remember...SO! Recently, another girl (who doesn't come very often, but is a WONDERFUL addition to our group when she does come), was off to the side of the room, by herself.  Instantly I rushed over there to her and started talking with her.  Before long I was having a pretty good conversation with her AND we had attracted another girl who came over and started to talk to us.  Ahhh! Feels good.....

When I first moved to the ward I am in, I was instantly "attacked"--with love!  The people in my ward instantly wanted to try to befriend me-and I think they succeeded.  I am so grateful that they listened to the Spirit and acted upon what they were "told." If they hadn't done that I would feel so different about being here.  I hope I can be that kind of a person more often...in fact, all the time!
"Impressions that come from God will give us knowledge that we cannot get by any other means"
(-"
Learning with Our Hearts" BY ELDER WALTER F. GONZÁLEZ Oct. 2012)

Now, "Your mission, everyone,  should you decide to accept it, is to seek out those who need you and serve them, even though you might be afraid, or say that it won't make a difference.  Serve them in every way you can. Take advantage of gifts you have been given and use them to bless others' lives. That is my challenge to you, and to myself for this week.  Good Luck, Everyone."



No comments:

Post a Comment